What is Botox?
Botox is a highly diluted form of Botulinum toxin, which is a neurotoxin that is produced by bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is used to treat many kinds of muscular conditions medically and remove wrinkles cosmetically. It is injected in very small concentrations into the human body at the specified area to achieve the desired results. It is one of the most common treatments people go for, as it is a safer alternative when compared to surgical treatments.
Why go for Botox?
Botox is one of the most effective treatments that can give you a youthful appearance in the fastest way. The various benefits of the Botox injection have made it a very popular treatment in the cosmetic field. These include:
- Faster Recovery: In fact you may need no time to recover at all. You can resume to your normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Safe: Botox does not cause any harm to your health, if administered properly. Apart from mild bruising or swelling you may not face any other side effects
- Faster Results: You will be able to see results within days of Botox treatment and it lasts up to about four months.
- Pain-free: Botox is non-invasive. In fact it is just an injection that is given using a small needle after applying a cold compress or some anesthetic cream.
- Best treatment to look younger: It can eliminate wrinkles effectively and easily, while leaving the facial skin smooth.
Uses of Botox:
- Removal of Dynamic Wrinkles or wrinkles that are caused by muscle movements and facial expressions, around the eyes
- Effective in reducing or eliminating crow’s feet without creating a loss of feeling in the area that is treated
- Successful elimination of wrinkles from the area between the eyes which makes Botox preferable over brow lifts
- Making a person look younger by removing creases from the forehead
- Non-invasive method to change the shape of a person’s face through jaw contouring
- Can be used to treat blepharospasm, conditions of excessive sweating and migraine headaches
- Effective in reduction of jaw tension and chronic back pain
Is it Right for you?
Botox has been approved as a safe treatment for anyone between 18 and 65. However, if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant, it is better to consult your doctor before going in for the treatment. It is better to avoid the treatment if you are suffering from any kind of neuromuscular disorder. Nevertheless, it is better to stop taking ibuprofen or aspirin at least two weeks before you go in for the treatment. In case you are taking any kind of medication or supplements it is better to let your doctor know beforehand. Any allergies should be ruled out beforehand.
How it works?
Botox acts by preventing the contraction of the muscle cells by stopping the signals that go from nerve cells to muscle cells. It is given in extremely small concentrations. It paralyzes the muscles temporarily. The procedure is as follows:
- The doctor will first mark the areas that are to be injected with Botox
- Then a cold compress or anesthetic cream is applied to the area to make it numb
- Then Botox is injected directly into the area through a small needle
It takes about 10 minutes to administer the treatment and the discomfort caused is very minimal. After the treatment you can go back to your normal activities.
Generally no after care is required for Botox. However, if you come across some redness, bruising or swelling in the area, you may wish to apply a cold compress to minimize the discomfort. Do not rub the area for about 12 hours. The results are generally visible within a few days of the treatment and they usually last up to a period of three to four months. If you find wrinkles appearing again, you may go in for another dose after consulting the doctor.
Side Effects and Risks:
Choosing an experienced doctor who uses the proper injection techniques may help you avoid side effects when it comes to Botox. In rare cases, you may come across side effects such as:
- Slight numbness or a tingling sensation in the treated area
- Mild Bruising or swelling around the treated area
- Allergic reactions
- Mild headache or nausea
- Symptoms that resemble a Flu
- Drooping eyelid or eyebrow (This might last about 2 to 3 weeks)
- Lack of improvement
If you face any of these side effects, please note that these are only temporary and do not cause any kind of permanent damage.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi is a professionally qualified dermatologist from Bangalore who has vast experience in offering various kinds of cosmetic treatments to various kinds of clients, successfully. Botox is one of the treatments she specializes in. She has state-of-the-art equipment in her clinic that uses the latest technology to treat all kinds of problems related to skin, hair and body toning. A specialized team works under her, supporting her at each and every phase to make sure every patient goes back home, satisfied. Excellent after care is provided to minimize side effects and ensure the results are long-lasting.
Dr. Rashmi and her team have helped many gain youthful appearances through top-quality Botox treatments that are both effective and safe. Our patients have come back to us for other kinds of treatments because of the satisfaction they have experienced through our services. They have also recommended our services to many. Most patients have expressed their satisfaction by writing reviews that we have put up on our testimonials page. A look at these will help you understand what you can expect from us.
Botox treatment may cost you anywhere from Rs.5000 to Rs.50000 or even a lakh, depending upon the area that is chosen and the number of times you may need to be treated. You can call Dr.Rashmi’s clinic and fix an appointment to avail a free consultation. During this, you will understand how Botox may help you, which areas are to be treated, how many sessions you will need and how much you may have to pay.