About Treatments for Lines and Wrinkles
As we age, lines and wrinkles seem inevitable for the skin starts losing its elasticity. Sun damage, use of medications and dehydration worsens their appearance, making you look much older than what you are. This has a negative effect on your confidence and self-esteem, which is why many prefer to go for treatments that reduce wrinkles and lines. Today you will find many that are not only easy and fast but also safe and effective. Your doctor or dermatologist will be able to tell you which one is right for you.
What causes lines and wrinkles?
Although ageing is one of the main factors that make people develop wrinkles and lines, there are many other factors that include:
- Smoking: Smoking can reduce the blood supply to your skin and as a result your skin will start ageing faster.
- Light skin: If you are light complexioned you have higher chances of sun damage which might lead to faster development of lines and wrinkles
- Genetic factors: In case your parents developed lines and wrinkles faster than others, you might also develop them faster than others.
- Hair: The way you style your hair also has something to do with your wrinkle formation. There are a few hairstyles that provide shade to your face. If you have adopted one of these you are lucky enough to develop them later in life.
- Clothes: The kinds of clothes you wear affect your wrinkle formation too. There are many who keep their skin protected by wearing long sleeves and hats. These are the ones that get wrinkles later in life.
- Your job: The job that you do depends on how much your skin is exposed to the harmful rays of the sun. For instance, if you are a sailor, a fisherman, a golfer or a farmer, you might develop wrinkles faster than others.
- Exposure to ultraviolet light: If you tend to spend most of your leisure time out in the sun, it is quite normal for you to develop lines and wrinkles very early in life.
- Facial expressions: If you do not want to develop wrinkles early in life you have to restrain your frowns, squints and smiles. This is because whenever you use a particular facial muscle it tends to form a groove under the surface of your skin. This might become permanent as you age.
Treatments for Lines and Wrinkles:
There are many types of treatments for treating wrinkles and lines. A few of these include:
- Botox:For those forehead creases, Botox can work wonders. These are injections that are made from a highly diluted and purified form of a toxin called botulinum bacteria. When injected in tiny doses, it will relax the muscles that are responsible for causing forehead creases, frown lines and crow’s feet and eliminate them completely for a specific period of time. For better results you can go for regular sessions once in every three or six months as need be. It is a very small procedure that involves minimal pain. You should start seeing results within 3 to 5 days from the day of treatment.
- Chemical Peels:This treatment involves the application of an acidic solution that will work on removing all the dead cells from the outer layers of your skin. This solution often contains a mixture of lactic acid, glycolic acid, TCA or trichloroacetic acid, phenol and salicylic acid. This only takes about fifteen minutes during which you might feel slight irritation and stinging. Within a few days you will see the upper layers of your skin peeling away, revealing smooth looking skin that feels new and youthful. If you go for lighter peels you can get them done once every few weeks or so as they tend to have very subtle results. In case you go for a moderate to deep peel, you may wait for 6 months to 1 year for your next session. These treatments usually show dramatic results; however with some crusting and swelling that you might come across in the initial few weeks.
- Microdermabrasion: Also known as power peel, microdermabrasion uses a spray of tiny microscopic crystals that will exfoliate the outer layer of your skin, thereby eliminating your brown spots, fine lines and acne scars. The procedure has no down time whatsoever. Suction is used to remove the powdery dead skin cells once the exfoliation is achieved. After the procedure your skin might feel tight and pink and it might even seem like you have got sunburn. However, you will start seeing good results within a span of 24 hours. Regular sessions will help you achieve excellent results through this safe and effective procedure for removing lines and wrinkles.
- Thermage:Apart from all those wrinkles and lines, if your skin has started sagging, you could try Thermage. This is a device that makes use of radio-frequency energy in order to heat your skin. This heat not only tightens your skin but will also stimulate the production of collagen, giving you a youthful and neat appearance. Although a little painful, this procedure works wonders in just one session. This can also correct droopy eye lids within a matter of three to four months.
- Laser:There are many types of nonablative lasers that work on your skin without damaging it in any way. While helping you get rid of your wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars and brown spots, these treatments will also boost the collagen production to give you that perfect youthful appearance. The doctor may decide to apply a little bit of anesthetic before the procedure as it might be a little painful. However, the process of recovery is much faster than many other kinds of treatments. Regular sessions will help you achieve the perfect skin tone and texture that will last for a longer period of time.
There are many other treatments such as IPL and fillers that will help in treating wrinkles and fine lines without the need to go under the knife. The risks are very few here and the recovery, much faster.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi is a highly qualified and experienced dermatologist practicing in Bangalore. She has treated many with different skin disorders through a variety of treatments that are not only effective but also safe. She has a clinic that is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and latest technology equipment that cater to each and every requirement of her clients. She has a specialized team that gives her full support to achieve all her objectives.
Dr. Rashmi has worked on many clients and helped them get rid of their wrinkles and lines. Most of these are extremely happy with the kind of results they have achieved, which is why they have also recommended our services to many of their friends and relatives. Some have even been kind enough to write a few reviews that we have put up on our testimonial page for your perusal.
The pricing for your treatment for wrinkles and lines depends mostly on the treatment you go for, the doctor that you choose, the location of his/her clinic, the number of sessions you may need, your skin type, the condition of your wrinkles and lines and so on. You can get in touch with Dr. Rashmi and avail a free consultation session during which you can clarify all your queries and understand whatever you need to know about the right treatment to treat your wrinkles and lines.