About Laser for Acne Scars
Acne Scars can be stubborn to get rid of. However, Laser can achieve this in just a few sessions. Not only do these treatments help remove your acne scars, they also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin so that you get to enjoy smooth, youthful, supple and flawless skin for a long period of time. The kind of laser treatment you may need may depend upon the condition of your skin, your medical history, the number of sessions you may need and so on. Your doctor may be able to give you valuable advice on this once he/she evaluates your condition.
Types of Lasers treatments for Acne Scars
There are many kinds of laser treatments for acne scars. The most common ones include:
- Carbon Dioxide (Co2 ) Laser: CO2 laser works best for acne scarring if you have light skin. For more than twenty years now, this method is being used to treat scars and rejuvenate skin. If performed correctly it can give amazing results within a short span of time. It works by producing lots of thermal collagen in a controlled manner. This treatment can be administered in any of the following three modes:
A) Full Resurfacing
B) Fractional Resurfacing
C) Combination of the two
Based on your skin type, the type of your scar and the downtime, the right mode will be selected.
- Erbium Laser: Erbium laser may work well for you if you have darker skin. Also the side effects here are much lesser than the CO2 laser as it will not burn the surrounding tissues in the area. Apart from slight bruising, swelling or redness you may not come across any other side effects. Also the downtime here is much lesser than CO2 laser.
- Pixel Laser Resurfacing:Pixel Laser Resurfacing works like you would work on a digital photograph or portrait using the touch-up or restoration method. Area by area, pixel by pixel is worked upon using thousands of microscopic tiny laser spots that are passed via an optic lens. The heat that is thus produced smooths out your acne scars and tightens your skin, softening your wrinkles, minimizing your pores and correcting all other skin texture problems. Multiple sessions will stimulate the production of collagen in your skin and helps you in maintaining your condition for a longer period of time. The downtime is minimal here and the results are faster.
- Fraxel Laser Resurfacing: This method uses the latest technology called fractional photothermolysis, which places hundreds of laser columns deep into the layers of your skin where your acne scars actually lie. The treatment focus on breaking the bonds of your acne scars and stimulates the production of collagen in order to heal your skin naturally, thereby minimizing your acne scars and improving your skin texture. Although the average number of sessions that patients would require number up from 3 to 5, your scar type and your skin type can change this number.
Why go for Laser for acne scar removal?
Laser is a popular treatment most people go for in order to get rid of their stubborn acne scars. The benefits of these treatments include:
- Safety: Heat and light are the only things that are used in Laser treatments. Its non-invasive nature and the fact that it does not involve any harmful chemicals, makes this kind of treatment a lot more safer than the other methods.
- Faster Recovery: Laser treatmentsessions take about 30 to 60 minutes each and generally involve no or minimal downtime. You may return to work either the same day or in about two or three days depending upon how well you are able to manage discomfort if any.
- Quicker Results: Even though multiple sessions of laser may be required to treat the condition completely, you should be able to see the results within a week or two.
Is it Right for you?
Laser treatments work well for anyone who has acne scars and in between the ages of 18 and 70. However, it is better to find out from your doctor if it is the right treatment to help you get rid of your acne scars. In any case, the following candidates are not right for laser:
- People with Active Acne: If you have active acne, this treatment may be painful and may even lead to severe infections.
- Pregnant women: Pregnancy can make your skin very sensitive and you may experience a lot of pain and discomfort if you go for laser treatment during this phase. It is therefore better to wait until you are back to your normal health.
- Lactating mothers: This is also a vulnerable stage of your life and a phase where you need to be really concerned about your health. It is better to wait for some time here too.
- People with skin Allergies: In case you have any allergies on your skin, it is better to first treat those allergies before you can go for laser for acne scar removal. Else, this may worsen your condition.
Our Experienced Team:
Dr. Rashmi can help you get rid of your acne scars if you are in Bangalore. She is a qualified dermatologist with a vast experience in treating various kinds of clients with different kinds of skin, hair and body fat problems. A specialized team works under her and supports her in achieving all her goals in the most safe and effective way. She has a clinic that is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that helps her in using sophisticated technology to treat her clients. Here is all the information you need about laser treatments for treating acne scars. :
The type of Laser treatment you need to go for, the number of sessions you may need, the type of your scars and skin are things that determine the amount that you may have to spend on laser treatment for acne scar. The best thing to do is give us a call and fix up an appointment to avail a free consultation from Dr. Rashmi. She is the best person to evaluate your condition, find out if this would work for you and tell you the exact amount that you may have to spend for the treatment.
You may have gone through reviews that have been written on our testimonial page. These are written by people who have undertaken treatments from us and are extremely satisfied with the results. In fact many of these people have also recommended our services to their friends and relatives who have successfully got rid of their acne scars, wrinkles and fine lines.